Causes of Acne Vulgaris
- Hormonal Activity: Acne development can be enhanced by increased hormonal levels as in puberty period or menstrual cycle.
- Psychological Factors: Increased stress level may contribute in acne formation according to recent studies.
- Genetic Factors: Family history of acne is a risk factor for acne formation especially in adolescent.
- Infections: Some types of bacteria causes acne formation.
- Drugs: Certain drugs can stimulate acne formation as “ Steroids – Testosterone – estrogen”.
- Diseases: Certain diseases may be associated with acne formation as “ Polycystic ovary syndrome – Cushing syndrome”.
- Skin products: Skin care products and cosmetics containing oil can contribute in acne formation.
- Diet: some types of diet as cow‘s milk are associated with worsening acne.